Moving into a Senior Living Community?
Moving into an assisted living community or helping a loved one through the process is a difficult but important process. We understand completely as the senior leadership team at RightAway Storage has owned and operated over 100 senior living communities as well as having direct experience with loved ones living in senior living communities.
The #1 priority in moments like this is finding a senior living community to fit your needs, provides all necessary care services and has a caring staff to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible.
We understand downsizing from a home to a senior living community is difficult! While you're focused on priority #1, let RightAway Storage focus on all your stuff! With our Valet Storage, we can do all the heavy lifting and safely store your belongings in our climate controlled warehouse. We can even separate items you want to keep in storage and items you want moved to your new unit in your new senior living community.
Our Team Members are highly experienced and operate with a similar "serving heart" mentality as found in many senior living communities.
We have convenient locations and a wide variety of climate controlled storage units to fit your needs. Learn More.
Let us do the heavy lifting! We come to you, pick up your stuff and store it in our climate controlled warehouses. Learn More.
Trailer on Demand
Rent a self storage unit and have one of our trailers dropped off at your doorstep for loading. Once loaded, we transport it back to our facility and unload its contents into your storage units. Learn More.
Tips on Finding a Senior Living Community
1. Finding a Community - Look for a senior living community that is conveniently located for your family and loved ones - you want them to be close by! There's nothing better than having your grandchild stop by to tell you they scored the winning goal in the game! Being close by helps facilitate frequent visits by your family.
2. Ask Around - Ask your friends and family! Chances are they have direct experience with senior living communities or know of someone who has...ask about their experiences, quality of staff, amenities, food quality, and whether they would recommend a community.
3. Care Services - When visiting a community, be sure to ask about what care they can and can't provide as well as what care is included in your base rent and what is extra.
4. Meals and Activities - Learn more about their activity programming and events. Daily you will eat 3 meals a day at your new home so be sure you like their menu and quality of food! Also be sure to ask about how they handle dietary restrictions. Don't be afraid to ask to try a meal.
5. Financial - Be sure to understand costs upfront like what is included in your base rent and what services are additional.
6. Emergency Preparedness - Ask about their emergency plan in the event of an emergency, natural disaster, or public health outbreak. Also, ask about their process for ensuring your safety at all times. If you fall or need help, what do they do and who do they call?
7. Do Your Homework: Below are a list of helpful resources for learning more about senior care, senior living communities:
SeniorLiving.org - A team of experts to guide you through the senior living process
A Place For Mom - A full service referral company that has a listing of local senior living communities. You have access to pricing, ratings and reviews of most communities in your local market.
The Alzheimer's Association - A leading health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Pleural Mesothelioma Center - An orginization dedicated to helping patients and families fight mesothelioma.